Posted February 14, 2018 05:31:22The iconic Hollywood Walk Of Fame, a landmark of the Hollywood film industry and the home to some of Hollywood’s most famous stars and actresses, has been the site of a series of recent protests, as residents have been demanding a full-scale overhaul of the landmark.
In a video posted to YouTube on Monday, local residents said they wanted the Hollywood Sign to be removed and replaced with a new plaza, with the Hollywood Boulevard corridor in the area being replaced with landscaped boulevards, walkways and public space.
“We don’t want to just sit there and do nothing,” said resident Melissa Smith, adding that the Hollywood sign needs to be redone.
“We want to be able to go up the Hollywood side, and we want to go down the Hollywood Side, and then have the Hollywood Park, and finally the Walk of Stars,” Smith said.
The Walk of Roses is the Hollywood’s only permanent marker of the famous star’s legacy, and it has been at the center of protests over its removal for years.
Smith said she was surprised to learn the city was considering a plaza, and she said she hoped the plaza could be completed soon.
She said she has been to the Hollywood and is glad to see people are taking a stand against the proposed plaza, which would be situated in a large plaza along the Hollywood Blvd.
A sign of the film industry is pictured at the Hollywood Hotel, where it is believed actors including Harrison Ford, Tom Cruise and John Travolta live and work.
The Hollywood Walk is considered one of the most iconic landmarks in Hollywood.
(Alex Brandon/Associated Press)Smith, who has lived in the neighborhood for 20 years, said she did not want to see the sign remain, but that it would be a great place to sit and relax on a Saturday afternoon.
People have been saying for a long time that this is not the Hollywood.
“I think we’re getting closer and closer to a complete plaza,” Smith added. “
I think it’s really important to have that presence, because this is a landmark for the city.”
“I think we’re getting closer and closer to a complete plaza,” Smith added.
“And it’s a very small plaza.
It’s a small space.
I think it would really help us out if we can get a lot of different things happening.”
The Hollywood Walk has been a popular spot for residents to gather for coffee and tea, to watch the sunrise or watch the sunset.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, about 5,000 people visited the site in 2017, including many celebrities and members of the entertainment industry, who have been taking to the area to mark their 50th birthday.
Several community members said they have been protesting the proposed Hollywood plaza for years, and a few even had to be hospitalized because of the protests.
Hollywood resident John Lee was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer earlier this year, and he said the Hollywood Plaza has become a rallying point for the community.
Lee said the proposed closure of the iconic Hollywood sign has become so intense that he is trying to stay positive.
He said that his cousin has been fighting a rare cancer for more than a year, but he is hopeful that he can continue to fight the disease and will be able finish the fight.
I’m just so proud of the movie industry, Lee said.
I’m just a normal guy, and you know, I have to be positive, and people need to stay with me, and hope.
If you’re not on the Hollywood map, you’re missing out on some of the great things that Hollywood has to offer, he added.
More than 50 people took part in the protest on Sunday, according to the Los Angeles Times, and the Los Angles Register reported that many of them were protesting the closure of their neighborhood’s only remaining landmark.
The Los Angeles City Council is scheduled to vote on Monday on whether to approve a proposal to demolish the Hollywood Village Sign.
It is unclear whether the council will pass the proposed $8.6 million plan, which has received support from the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and other businesses, or allow the demolition to proceed.
Earlier in the week, the Los Feliz Recreation and Parks Department announced that it was cancelling its annual Hollywood Walk event, and that it planned to stop hosting the event in 2018.
Officials said that they would focus on community outreach and outreach to people in need, such as homeless youth and people living in shelters, in order to provide them with a safe space to meet, walk and relax.
Follow John Dolan on Twitter: